- Serve hot over white/brown long-grained rice or serve cold over soba noodles.
- Replace 1 1/2 cups of snow peas with 1 1/2 cups of frozen stir fry vegetables (thawed) and cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the sauce.
- Double the sauce recipe to better coat the rice (or soba noodles) and add stronger flavor to the dish.
- Make 32 mini meatballs instead of 16 larger meatballs to minimize cooking time.
- Spice it up! Add a small pinch of red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger to soy sauce/brown sugar sauce prior to reduction.
Thanks for reading Part I of this week's Three Free Thursday! Feel free to send in recipe suggestions for Three Free Thursday on Twitter to @RecipEngineer or by e-mail RecipEngineer@gmail.com